Aly's Newsletter: Hello From LGA
Greetings from Laguardia Airport, where life feels oddly normal -- in that they think they have the right to charge almost $5 for a glass of effing seltzer.
Check it out.
Also what is back to normal is an avowed Aly-ism, that I am at the gate hours before my flight. I actually LOVE this though. Rushing to the airport at the last minute makes me super nervous but I love plugging in and getting work done as I await my flight.
To that end, I have a lot going on as we head into the weekend.
Here's what I'm working on this weekend and for next week.
1. For AllRecipes, I'm looking for tools/cookware/etc that can be used in and with a toaster. i.e oven safe/toaster-safe items.
2. For Clean Plates, I'm looking for nutritionists to comment on a story on tiger nuts (including tiger nut milk and tiger nut horchata). I have a list of questions to send you, so please hit me up before responding. (URGENT)
3. For RetailMeNot, I'm working on a gift guide - Best Gifts For Coffee Lovers - gifts for the coffee lover in your life, from a variety of price ranges. Can be as simple as a mug, to as spendy as an espresso machine, to something fun like a coffee bean subscription.
4. For RetailMeNot, I'm working on a roundup of gifts for people who love to read. This can include books, but I will not limit this to books, and I'm also open to anything from coffee mugs, to cozy blankets, to bookmarks, to collectible books, to a new tablet. basically anything someone who loves to read may appreciate
5. For RetailMeNot, I'm rounding up fruit cakes we're nutty for (teehee, get it?!), which must be sold online at major retailers.
For Spy.com, I’m rounding up best drugstore shampoos. For this roundup, I’m going to skew men, obviously, but include some more women-focused brands too. Open to being pitched these options: shampoo and conditioner (can be a 2-1 ), dry shampoo, purple shampoo, color-safe, clarifying, curly, oily, fine, sulfate free, dry.
For Spy.com, I’m also rounding up best Tom Ford colognes, and why (both classic and newer ones.) - most be available at major online retailers.
As a reminder, please pretty please remember to start a new thread when you respond to any of these story leads and do not just respond to this newsletter. I ask this all the time and unfortunately, most are not following this guideline (which is honestly to help YOUR pitch be seen!)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and include which story you are pitching for in the header of your email. I can take pitches for the RetailMeNot stories through late next week, but Spy.com, I’d love all pitches by EOD Monday. For the AllRecipes story, I need that by Monday too, and for the Clean Plates one, that one is ASAP please.
Newly published today...
This Top-Rated Slow Cooker Is Less Than $35 With a Secret Coupon Right Now
That's it for now! Please follow me on Instagram to see our Euphoria adventures in Greenville, SC all weekend. I’m so excited!
Have a lovely weekend!
Have a safe flight Aly! About to email you some mugs :)