Aly's Newsletter: Manic Monday Edition
But there's at least a cute kitty involved today.
Today is going to be a busy day with a bunch of deadlines and several Zooms to attend (including one tonight that I'm going to get to co-host with a friend of two decades - the first time we've gotten to do something like this together in all of our years of friendship!).
But right now, as a quick hello, I wanted to introduce you to my new friend!
Theo's mom is my friend and favorite neighbor. She had to take an unexpected last-minute trip out of town this week, so I'm hanging with her little guy while she's gone. While I've generally spent way more time with dogs than cats, I have to say, Theo is quite the little charmer and I’m enjoying getting to know him!
Also I want to thank everyone who upgraded to a paid subscription last week and over the weekend. The first paid subscriber email went out Saturday and I really am excited about the interesting and educational dialogue that came out of it, both on the media and PR side. Lets hope for the same with future ones!
Here's what I'm working on this week:
As a reminder, for all of these, please start a new email and email email@example.com if you wish to pitch me. Sooner is ALWAYS better. Some of these stories will wrap up by later today or early tomorrow.
1. For TODAY.com, I'm working on a roundup of good low-carb breakfast options at fast food restaurants. This is both low-carb dishes, but also dishes that can be made lower carb with a few modifications (i.e. perhaps you would remove the muffin from the egg mcmuffin at McDonald's), or something like the sous vide egg bites at Starbucks. Would love a registered dietitian or nutritionist to weigh in re: a few dishes at fast food spots (i have a few on my list but would love to hear your thoughts as well), what their nutrition stats are, what's in them, why they are a good fit for those who are low-carb or keto, or any modifications that can be made to an item to make it better for a low-carb person or keto-diet person who happens to find themselves at a fast food restaurant.
2. For TODAY.com, same story, same needs - but for lunch. (but same exact components as above, with lunch in mind.)
3. For TODAY.com, I'm still rounding up freebies and deals at National chains for National Bagel Day
4. For FORBES.com, I'm working on the following Valentine's Day gift guides:
Valentine’s Day Gift Guide: The Best Gifts For A Romantic Dinner At Home
Valentine's Day Gift Guide: The Best Edible Gifts You Can Ship (That Aren't Chocolate)
Valentine's Day Gift Guide: The Best Aphrodisiac Gifts
Please keep in mind that for all of these 3 guides, they will be leaning toward food/beverage/cookware/cooking and be focused on items you can buy online and have shipped/delivered.
5. FORBES: In celebration of the return of to-go cocktails in NY, I'm doing a roundup of the best to-go cocktails at bars and restaurants in NY. To pitch me for this guide, please email me the following: 1 - name of drink 2 - where it's sold (must be on the menu and available for takeout at a bar or restaurant in NY) 3 - description - i don't need a recipe 4 - quote from bartender/bar manager 5 - IMAGE Reminder: Please ONLY send me a pitch if you have all the components I'm asking for.
6. ALLRECIPES: I'm doing a story on slow cooker liners. Those who sometimes watch me cook on Instagram know I use these religiously in my own slow cooker cooking, and I'd love it if credible experts can weigh in on if they do as well (or why they don't), and why, as well as some pro tips/warnings about what to look for in them.
7. For SPY.com, I'm working on all of the following:
Best virtual gifts for Valentine's Day - these are virtual gifts vs. tangible gifts. Think, a MasterClass membership ,a Cameo greeting, stuff like that
Best stuffed animals for adults
Best low cal liquor options - I want to cover all the corners for this, vodka, gin, tequila, etc. must be available online and be shippable.
Here's what has published in the last few days:
As a reminder, if you or your clients are included in any of the below stories, social shares are very appreciated. Please remember to tag me and the outlet!
thanks so much and have a great, productive day!