Aly's Newsletter: Tons of new story assignments!
Putting the oy vey in the fri-yay!
Thanks so much to ALL the amazing notes and messages I got yesterday about my Muck Rack ranking. It made me feel so loved! I also really appreciated all the incredibly heartfelt emails from people sharing how they, too, found themselves pivoting and trying to find their footing during the early days of the pandemic.
Today is something of a snow day in NY, but I have TONS of new assignments pending that I’d love pitches for asap. Please email me at email@example.com with responses for any of the below.
Here's what I'm working on right now:
1. For TODAY.com, I'm working on a roundup of good low-carb breakfast options at fast food restaurants. This is both low-carb dishes, but also dishes that can be made lower carb with a few modifications (i.e. perhaps you would remove the muffin from the egg mcmuffin at McDonald's), or something like the sous vide egg bites at Starbucks. Would love a registered dietitian or nutritionist to weigh in re: a few dishes at fast food spots (i have a few on my list but would love to hear your thoughts as well), what their nutrition stats are, what's in them, why they are a good fit for those who are low-carb or keto, or any modifications that can be made to an item to make it better for a low-carb person or keto-diet person who happens to find themselves at a fast food restaurant.
2. For TODAY.com, same story, same needs - but for lunch. (but same exact components as above, with lunch in mind.)
3. For TODAY.com, I'm still rounding up freebies and deals at national chains for National Bagel Day. This is also an ASAP one.
4. For FORBES.com, I'm working on the following Valentine's Day gift guides:
Valentine’s Day Gift Guide: The Best Gifts For A Romantic Dinner At Home
Valentine's Day Gift Guide: The Best Edible Gifts You Can Ship (That Aren't Chocolate)
Valentine's Day Gift Guide: The Best Aphrodisiac Gifts
Please keep in mind that for all of these 3 guides, they will be leaning toward food/beverage/cookware/cooking and be focused on items you can buy online and have shipped/delivered.
5. FORBES: In celebration of the return of to-go cocktails in NY, I'm doing a roundup of the best to-go cocktails at bars and restaurants in NY. To pitch me for this guide, please email me the following: 1 - name of drink 2 - where it's sold (must be on the menu and available for takeout at a bar or restaurant in NY) 3 - description - i don't need a recipe 4 - quote from bartender/bar manager 5 - IMAGE Reminder: Please ONLY send me a pitch if you have all the components I'm asking for.
6. ALLRECIPES: I'm doing a story on slow cooker liners. Those who sometimes watch me cook on Instagram know I use these religiously in my own slow cooker cooking, and I'd love it if credible experts can weigh in on if they do as well (or why they don't), and why, as well as some pro tips/warnings about what to look for in them.
7. For SPY.com, I'm working on all of the following for next week:
best gifts for couples: A Valentine's Day gift guide, but with couples, rather than individuals in mind. So it's gifts that couples could share or enjoy together.
Best virtual gifts for Valentine's Day - these are virtual gifts vs. tangible gifts. Think, a MasterClass membership ,a Cameo greeting, stuff like that
Best stuffed animals for adults
Best gluten free snacks you can buy online (gluten free day is 1/13!) - this will be the first of this week’s SPY batch I have to wrap up, so if you can get pitches to me by end of weekend, super ideal. Great if it's available at spots like Amazon, Walmart, etc
Best low cal liquor options - I want to cover all the corners for this, vodka, gin, tequila, etc. must be available online and be shippable.
Here's what has published in the last day:
Hershey’s Gets Romantic with New Seasonal Candy Releases in Advance of Valentine’s Day
Have a wonderful weekend, and I’ll talk to you soon! FYI, the first paid newsletter edition will go out tomorrow, so if you want to receive it, please upgrade your subscription now.