Aly's Newsletter: Wednesday Afternoon Edition
I actually wasn't planning on doing another newsletter before tomorrow, but I got a mad influx of new assignments today, and thus, here I am!
Here's what I'm working on:
As always, please start a new thread and email email@example.com to respond to any of these story leads. If a story was on this list yesterday and is not today, that means it's wrapped up and no further pitches for it are necessary. However, there's new stories on this list that were not on yesterday's list.
Every day is an adventure in these parts!
1. For Today.com, I'm looking for freebies/deals/discounts at restaurant chains for d Super Bowl Sunday. Please email me with what the deal is, how long it lasts, and how the deal is claimed, asap. I am ALSO now rounding up chain restaurant deals/freebies/discounts for Valentine's Day.
2. For Clean Plates, I'm working on the following THREE stories:
a - The Healthiest, Tastiest Chicken Soups in the Grocery Store, According to Nutritionists
b - Easy Valentine's Dessert Recipes with Exactly Zero Added Sugar.
c - Ingredients People in Blue Zones Eat — That Have Been Shown to Increase Longevity
-- For the chicken soup story, I would love to chat over email with some nutritionists! We determine healthiness by lack of processed ingredients (so chicken noodle is less good than chicken and wild rice) - please look at this previous story in a similar format for the kind of comments I'm looking for from publicists. Keep in mind when we say healthy, we're thinking:
-Yay for whole grains
-Yay for a good protein to fat ratio
-Yay for organic
-Yay for ingredients that are real foods
-Yay for extra vegetables
-We are GMO neutral
-- For the Valentine's desserts with zero added sugar story, I'm looking to feature desserts that exist online on blogs and so forth. Please use this previous story I did in the same format as an example of what I'm looking for. (It'll be very helpful for you in helping you send me a pitch that fits my needs!)
3. For RetailMeNot, I'm rounding up Government Employee Discounts for 2022. When pitching me, please make sure each offer has a relevant link (if at all possible) that the reader can click through to to learn more, such as a link to the restaurant's/merchant's page about the deal. It's going to be a similar style and format to this story if you want an idea of what I'm looking for.
4. For Forbes.com, I’m rounding up great comfort food care packages. So many people are not feeling their best or isolating at home right now, these are food/drink care packages you can send a loved one if you can’t see them in person but yet really want them to know they are on your mind. Think along the lines of chicken soup, tea, hot toddy kits, etc.
5. For Forbes.com, I'm working on these two stories for next week, and open to expert commentary
a - Plant-based aphrodisiacs like saffron and maca, and how to incorporate them into a Valentine’s Day feast
b - How to set up a chocolate tasting and engage all five senses in the experience – imagine how fun this would be to do on an at-home date night if you aren't going out for Valentine's Day this year!
Here's what published since yesterday:
Last night, I made an air-fried shrimp and Sicilian-style couscous on my Instagram stories. You still have a bit of time to catch the recipe before last night’s stories expire.
As for what I’m making tonight? I honestly have no idea…I had a really long day and am not remotely inspired to cook tonight. (It happens, even to me!) - which is why I plan ahead and always make enough food to freeze a few portions for another day. There’s always a meal waiting and it’s not something processed or is not me wasting money on takeout!
There is indeed a method to my madness….
Have a great night!