Aly's Newsletter: Wednesday Edition!
I'm actually a bit surprised considering this is normally the quietest time of the season, but I have a BUNCH I'm working on right now that can use some pitches and sources. See below!
But first…some housekeeping
In the event it’s helpful for anyone pitching, I just want to rundown some issues I’ve noticed (over time, but especially lately.)
1 - Deadlines matter. If I write in this newsletter that I am working on food deals for later today, or need nutritionist quotes for tomorrow, that means you can’t email me 5 days later and ask to set up an interview or for me to “squeeze in” your client. The story is over, published and now a part of our past, not our present.
Which brings us to updates. No. If I am writing a story of 10 great holiday cocktails, and that story has published, I can’t update it to make it 11 and add in your cranberry spritz. The story is in the past, it’s over.
Please, I beg you. Do not follow up with me via text or DM. Delivery matters.
OK, here’s what I am working on today.
1. For TODAY.com, I'm working on a roundup of deals and freebies in honor of National Bacon Day. Have any? Please email me ASAP. And feel free to forward this lead to anyone else who may have something that would work!
2. For FORBES, I'm still taking pitches for sparkling wine cocktails until EOD.
3. Also for FORBES, I'm looking for creative brunch cocktail ideas for NYE/NYD. (To pitch me for either of these stories, I need the name of the cocktail, where it is served (it MUST be on the menu somewhere), a description, a quote from a bartender/bar manager about the drink, and an image.)
4. For SPY.com, I'm still rounding up
Valentines day gifts for new relationships
Valentine’s day gifts for people who hates valentine’s day
Please ONLY pitch items that are currently available at major online retailers.
5. For HER MONEY, I am working on ALL of the following:
Rockstar Female Investors Tell Us What They're Buying In 2022 - if you have someone who can comment, please send them my way!
Why Monday Is The Best Day For Making A Fresh Start. Themed with “National Thank God It’s Monday Day” , I want to talk about why Monday is the best day for change. How you can start making real change today. If you have an expert who can comment, please send them my way!
I just got my bonus. Now I’m finally ready to find a new job. Where do I start?
Just got your bonus and ready to resign and find a new job? (Every January, an average of 4 million people leave their jobs, and we expect that “the great resignation” will be even greater as we head into 2022. We know lots of people are going to be looking for new jobs now that they secured their 2021 year-end bonus. What do they need to know about looking now, and finding their next gig? Would love experts to weigh in!
For ANY of these - please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please start a new email thread and make the subject of the email the outlet and the assignment (please do not say YOUR NEWSLETTER) - that's not an outlet. And please respect, when a story is done, it's done. I get LOADS of pitches every day for assignments that are long ago wrapped up, and published!
OK and here's what has been published in the last few days....
Hope you are having a great day!