Happy Thursday! Gift guide leads within!
It’s Thursday and does anyone else feel like this week has been LONG AF?!
For those who don’t know (and I’m sure most people reading this newsletter obviously DO know this), NYCWFF starts one week from today. I’ll be at a handful of events throughout the weekend. If you’ll be around, let me know, and hopefully we can connect!
Here's what I'm working on today (and what you’ve all been waiting for!)
1 - For Today.com, I'm looking for chain restaurants/food spots doing special deals, discounts, and freebies in honor of Halloween. I can take responses for this through tomorrow afternoon.
2. For Forbes.com, I'm getting started on a few holiday gift guides. The topics are:
* The Best High-End Kitchen Pieces For The Beginner Chef:
* The Best Globally-Inspired Gifts For The Jet-Set Foodie (i'd also love to include some plane-ready/plane-proof gifts (I’m envisioning things like Carry-On Cocktail Kits, or things you might need at your destination, like a travel tea box). in this one.
* The Best Mail Order Dishes For A Gourmet Dinner At Home
* The Best Barware To Upgrade Their Home Bar
* The Coolest Cleaning Gear To Keep Their Kitchen Looking Top Notch - this one is more kitchen cleaning supplies, organizational/storage stuff for kitchen, etc
For Spy.com, I’m doing a rush assignment (as in, it’s due today and will be published tonight) on Everything You Need for a Whiter Smile Is on Sale on Amazon Right Now - i.e. dental/smile related products currently on Amazon and currently on sale (on Amazon, I don’t care if they are on sale anywhere other than Amazon). Like right now I’m looking at a major brand of mouthwash that’s normally $6.99 but today on Amazon is $4.99. Have anything like that? email me ASAP.
*Please, please, please. Now that we are in the height of gift guide season, if responding to any of these, please start a new email, let me know which one you are responding to in the header, and send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I know it’s tempting, but please do not just hit reply on this newsletter. Please and thank you.
Here’s how I prefer pitches for all gift guides:
Name of product
Where sold online (link, price) - major retailers are ALWAYS preferred
Description. No one wants a random list of URLs, I promise you.
LINK to dropbox image. DO not just attach the image. I’m averaging like 800 emails a day - if everyone sends attachments, my inbox will blow up.
I have a few weeks to play with on the Forbes stories, so I'll be accepting pitches for them for the next two weeks (but I'll send out reminders as things start to get packed - so early bird DOES get the worm.) That means: If I tell you a story is due Oct 20, but I get everything I need Oct 15…it’s done. Something to keep in mind!
Here's what has published since yesterday:
The New Hocus Pocus-Inspired Cookbook Stirs Up a Lot of Mealtime Magic
15 cheap flying hacks that will save you real money
Your Favorite Fast Food Dessert Is Now a Cereal
Merriam-Webster's The Usage
Best slow cookers of 2021
A Frosty for breakfast? Wendy's frozen treat is becoming a cereal
How To Choose The Perfect Breast Pump As A New Mom
Thanks so much - and have a wonderful afternoon!