Happy Thursday! Here's What Aly Is Working On Today
Smile! It's almost the weekend!
Hope you are having a great week!
A few nights ago, I got to attend the wedding celebration of one of my dearest friends. With so much endless tragedy and sadness in the world, it really felt amazing to (for once!!) be surrounded with love and hope and happiness instead of doom and anxiety.
SO much love to Lisa and Chris (who I know are reading this!). I think at a time that it's so easy to feel hopeless and lost, it's so important to find what is happy and positive about our lives and grab onto it as tightly as we can. Whether that's celebration of friendship and love or a favorite hobby like cooking or gardening, take that moment to relish what makes you happy. It's so important!
OK, I'm done with sap, I promise!
Here's what I'm working on this week. As a reminder, ALL responses need to be via email. I cannot consider any pitch that comes via DM or text message.
1. For RetailMeNot, I'm working on a roundup of Cheap Hoodies You'll Want to Live In All Winter. As the title implies, for this story I'm looking to round up affordable hoodies -- both for men and women, and I'm trying to keep them all under $50. I'd love hoodies that are available on Amazon but are open to all major retailers, but sticking to those with a reputation for quality and affordability. NOT looking for expert commentary on why someone loves a particular hoodie, but rather just emails with descriptions, links to retail (Pro tip: If your hoodie is available on several retailers, it's in your best interest to tell me that), and price. - by Sept 1 please.
2. Also for RetailMeNot, I'm working on a guide to Top Free Gifts With Purchases from Beauty Brands. This story is actually an update to a similar story that is a few years old (https://www.retailmenot.com/blog/where-to-get-a-free-gift-with-purchase.html) if you want to get an idea so far as format and what I'm looking for. - by Sept 1 please.
3. For Eat This, Not That, I'm writing a story about 10 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID Right Now. Would love credible medical experts to weigh in with commentary and links to studies and research and such is highly helpful as well. - by EOD tomorrow please.
4. For Merriam Webster's The Usage, I'm right now researching:
Best hiking boots
Best electric razors
Best dog foods
These ALL must be from major online retailers (preference to Amazon, but Walmart/Target/Best Buy/etc is good too.)
No images necessary for this one, just links to where sold, description, and some basic specs. Please don't just send a blanket list of URLs! - By EOD tomorrow please.
5. For Forbes.com, now that we know that a Sex and the City reboot is quickly approaching (and we can reserve judgement on just how we feel about that), I'd like to take a moment to take another look at the Cosmopolitan. I'd love if a bartender/mixologist/bar manager can comment on just what made the Cosmo so popular the first time around (other than the SATC connection, which obviously was a big part), why it fell out of favor, and why it should be given (or not) a second look. Also if one wants to share their favorite recipe for one and some tips to make it a great one, I'd love that! - by EOD tomorrow please.
Here's some new stories that have gone live in the last few days:
Eat This, Not That
Merriam-Webster's The Usage
Some things that are new with me:
Thanks SO much for all your supportive messages in response after I shared my stories about the PR relationship highs and lows that happened on a recent press trip.
One agency that I have a great relationship with actually invited me to pop on to their virtual team meeting yesterday on Zoom to chat a bit about press trips and events and such in this current age - and offer some of my own personal advice and feedback on what I have learned, what works/what doesn't, and how to do things better.
I'm happy to do this for anyone else who ever needs it - by helping each other, we can make ALL of our lives easier and more productive!
<3 <3 Thanks for reading!